Skip to main content
Question

Can’t connect new Sonos Roam to app

Hi friends.

I’ve got a new sonos roam and want to set up a new system.

The app can find the Roam initially, it’s flashing green, but it can’t connect.

It tries to connect with the chimes, doesn’t work.  Put the PIN in, that didn’t work either.

I’ve reset my phone and also deleted and reinstalled the app a few times, still the same story.

I even tried it with the old S1 app, it says it isn’t compatible.

Also tried connecting with my iPad, same story there!

I would love to get this working!  But I don’t know what else to try.

Thanks all :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

I’m going through the same thing it’s pretty frustrating. If anyone knows how to get this to work please help it shouldn’t take so long to pair I have other Sonos products and I’ve never had this issue.

Userlevel 1

Same issue for everyone, including myself.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same issue here but with a Sonos One and Android phone ☹️

Somos roam was working perfectly yesterday along with the 2 pairs of gen 1 have. 
Just installed the update of the sonos app on the iPhone and now the roam won’t connect although the sonos app recognises it and even suggests it’s playing.

Each new update makes me nervous. 

Badge

Another one:

@Sonos when are you posting an update to the app to solve the issue with pairing a Sonos roam? Any eta is better than radio silence - not a good look. 

Same issue here. I received it today, I was in a chat for 1 hour with support, no luck at all.

im a network engineer, there are no issues in my network. I have 3 Sonos working with no issues.

this is amazing

on Android I solved this issue by downgrading my app via a fresh install from APKPure and the version of the SONOS app I downloaded was Version 80.00.03-release+20240506.25562e.

After I installed that version it allowed me to connect with my Roam, update it, see it in the app and connect it with bluetooth.

I hope this help :)

Same issue here. New Roam, New app = 😐. Currently on hold for support...

I tried everything.

- new network (2 different networks)

- I opened a new account to try with a new user as a whole new system 

- 3 phones

- 1 android

- 1 android with old app version (anyway to logging it forces you to update)

- 1 iPad

- login and logout

- reinstalled the app 4 times 

- disabled 5ghz, mac settings, new whole router with nothing advanced + a Cisco network with advanced equipment 

no way, the roam is not registering, I spent hours on this, during different days; I have a move, a sub boofer and a beam, this is sad. I wanted a Roam but I’m sure whatever I get it’s not gonna work. I’m super disappointed since I’m from Argentina and this speaker costs 350usd.

i returned today and got my refund. All my Sonos products are on sale from now.

they offer me to replace it, but we all know it doesn’t matter where you get a Roam, it will never registered until their app got fixed.

good luck everyone,

thanks @sonos

If anyone else has an issue with Roam “unable to connect”, this works:

Deorex wrote:

Wow.. just got it to work and feel like a dummy, but there is a button on the system settings page, very small, titled “Manage” (of course they went with grey to make it even less visible), and within that menu you can actually force an update to the speakers in your system. I guess the Roams didn’t update automatically. I bet a lot of people might have this issue, I design apps and I totally missed that button/

THIS WORKED FOR ME TOO!!!! You’re a wizard👍🏻. Thank you so much – hours on this shit…

It may work in case you can register the Roam, otherwise you won’t see it; you might see all the systems already have but ofc Roam won’t be there, due to it was never set up (yet)

Same situation. It recognizes there’s a Roam on the network, but it still wouldn’t connect to the app even after I hard wired the roam to the WiFi. It’s a brick. And my systems setting page doesn’t give me the option to “manage” anything, but maybe that’s because I’m trying to set up a new network with the Roam.