Answered

Can't add Sonos Move to Apple Homekit

• 17 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5
  • Chromatic Producer I
  • 57 replies

So I have a Sonos Arc 1 w/Sonos one SLs, Sonos Roam, and on Sonos SL in another room. Now I would like to add my Sonos Move to HomeKit. In HomeKit when I try to add it I get two messages. 1st - AirPay, Unable to connect to “Move”. 2nd - Unable to Add Accessory. Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, then try pairing again. If I go to Control Center I can choose the Move to play and it does so it must be setup in AirPlay already. I’m confused when three of my devices are connected and one won’t.

icon

Best answer by toyboy 18 December 2022, 10:59

View original

4 replies

Try power-cycling the router and the player too and then try again to add as an accessory - I’ve just removed the ‘Move’ here (called ‘Portable’) and re-added it with no issue, so it’s likely that the power-cycling of your devices will resolve the matter.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Didn’t solve the problem. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Problem solved. Had to reset Sonos Move and everything works perfect. But it was probably time to a power cycle anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy 

This may go some way to explain:

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/21/apple-pulls-new-home-app-architecture-in-ios-16-2-as-users-complain-about-homekit-issues/

Although we rarely recommend factory resetting Sonos devices, in this case we have received reports from users that it will help - as long as you don’t then add the unit to (new) HomeKit afterwards.

I hope this helps.