Can I use the Sonos Roam as a bluetooth wireless connection from Samsung TV to symfonisk lamps?

• 20 July 2023
  • 9 replies

I'm looking to use my symfonisk lamps as TV speakers. Can I use a sonos roam as my wireless connection from the tvs Bluetooth and group the roam and symfonisk lamps together. Would this work?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

You could do this, but I’m not sure how reliable the audio will be or if you will experience any lip sync issues.

You could do this, but I’m not sure how reliable the audio will be or if you will experience any lip sync issues.

Is there a better option?

I don't want any cables as the tv is hung on the wall

Userlevel 7

Is there a better option?

I don't want any cables as the tv is hung on the wall

There are not any better options if you want to use the SYMFONISK speakers as TV speakers. Those speakers aren’t designed to be used as TV speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sonos Ray, Beam or Arc, you can run the cables inside the wall fairly easily.

I ordered the Sonos Ray.

So can I sync the sonos ray, 2 x symfonisk lamps and 2x symfonisk bookshelf speakers to play together as a type of surround sound?

I ordered the Sonos Ray.

So can I sync the sonos ray, 2 x symfonisk lamps and 2x symfonisk bookshelf speakers to play together as a type of surround sound?

You can only use 2 like models as surrounds.  The others you can group for music and they will sync fine.  If you try to group them for TV, they will lag a bit behind the Beam/surrounds. 

I ordered the Sonos Ray.

You can only use 2 like models as surrounds.  The others you can group for music and they will sync fine.  If you try to group them for TV, they will lag a bit behind the Beam/surrounds. 

So the Sonos Ray and the symfonisk lamps won't have issues?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I ordered the Sonos Ray.

So the Sonos Ray and the symfonisk lamps won't have issues?

Correct: bond the Symfonisks as surrounds. 

Thanks everyone for your help