Boost setup

• 1 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Right out of the box the instruction says if you already have the Sonos app, which I do, it says to open the app (which I did) and choose More>Settings>Add a Bridge/Boost. Where is More on the app? I am using the Sonos 2 app. I cannot find More. I tried the Settings button first but nothing? In Settings when I hit +Add Product I get a Searching for nearby products message. That’s it. So where is that More button? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

And why am I getting a searching for nearby products, make sure they’re powered on message when I hit the + Add Product in Settings? I added Sonos Move 2 days ago. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I decided to try setting up Boost again. This time I connected the Boost to the Router using the Ethernet cable supplied. I then connected the power cord to the Boost to an outlet. This seemed to work. So why did the QuickStart Guide out of the box on instruction 1 say to Take everything out of the box. We’ll tell you when to plug things in-you’ll be setting up the BOOST first. Step 2 ask you Already have the App? Open App and choose Move>Settings……. Why? This doesn’t make any sense at all. Someone needs to address this to the Sonos guy or gal who’s writing these instructions for Boost out of the box. 

So anyways, my next question is...How can I tell if my Sonos is on Boost SonosNet? And not on my routers wifi? 
I now have to deal with the Port setup. I hope it’s not as F’d up as the Boost instructions? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I decided to try setting up Boost again. This time I connected the Boost to the Router using the Ethernet cable supplied. I then connected the power cord to the Boost to an outlet. This seemed to work. So why did the QuickStart Guide out of the box on instruction 1 say to Take everything out of the box. We’ll tell you when to plug things in-you’ll be setting up the BOOST first. Step 2 ask you Already have the App? Open App and choose Move>Settings……. Why? This doesn’t make any sense at all. Someone needs to address this to the Sonos guy or gal who’s writing these instructions for Boost out of the box. 

So anyways, my next question is...How can I tell if my Sonos is on Boost SonosNet? And not on my routers wifi? 
I now have to deal with the Port setup. I hope it’s not as F’d up as the Boost instructions? 

...and there’s still no MORE button in my Sonos App. What’s the MORE button for if there is none? 
In my Sonos App in Settings>System>Network...when I hit the Networks button it’s showing In Use...my routers wifi. When I hit the SonosNet Channel I’m on Channel 6. Does it matter if I’m on channel 1, 6, or 11? And am I on the SonosNet or on my Routers wifi? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I’m slowly answering some of my own questions here. Doing some more research in trying to figure out if I’m on SonosNet or still on my Routers wifi. I now see a WM: 0 on all my speakers except for Move which shows WM: 1 and also in my TV Room which shows Sub WM: 2, Sonos One (pair) > WM: 2 & Playbase WM: 1. Why is my TV Room still on my Routers Wifi? 

The Move will not connect to the signal sent by the BOOST, that is as designed.

It’s possible you may need to power cycle the PLAYBASE to get it to reflect the BOOST as the primary connection.

The Sub and surround speakers are ‘bonded’ to a signal sent by the PLAYBASE, so will always reflect WM:2.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

The Move will not connect to the signal sent by the BOOST, that is as designed.

It’s possible you may need to power cycle the PLAYBASE to get it to reflect the BOOST as the primary connection.

The Sub and surround speakers are ‘bonded’ to a signal sent by the PLAYBASE, so will always reflect WM:2.

I just checked my Sonos App. Looks like I’m all good now. In my Sonos System Info everything is showing WM: 0, including the Sub & Playbase. And of course the Move. The Port is showing WM: 0 as well. But I’m still have wiring issues with it. Working on it this morning. Thx again Bruce.