Answered

bluetooth connection

• 4 February 2023
  • 2 replies

It seems that if I want to connect my Sonos roam to another device, I first have to forget the device on whichever device it was connected to previously before I can then connect to something else. If this is the case, it is most inconvenient. Means I have to remember which device I had it connected to, find that device, not just disconnect but forget device. Otherwise, unable to connect it to another device such as my iPhone or my iPad. Is this correct?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 4 February 2023, 21:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It doesn’t look like it. Sonos says this:

Pair a different device with Roam

After you’ve paired Roam with one device, you can follow the steps below to pair it to a different device.

1. Press and hold the power button on the back of Roam for two seconds, then release. You will hear the pairing tone and the status LED on the front will start flashing blue.
    • If the status LED turns solid blue instead, Roam has paired with the previous device. Repeat this step to place Roam into pairing mode.
  2. Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and select Roam from the device list.
  3. When successfully paired, you’ll hear another tone and the status LED will change to solid blue.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/pair-sonos-roam-with-bluetooth

Thank you.