Skip to main content
Question

Alarms after adding new speaker

• 20 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I added a new Roam 2 speaker to my system and since then my alarms which use playlists from my music library have stopped working.  I know I have to use the Mac app to edit my alarms until they fix the iOS app but I have still been waking up to my alarm until a couple of days ago. Any suggestions to get it working again?

3 replies

I can’t think of any reason why adding a speaker should alter the alarms you’ve set at all. But given the major IT failure across the internet yesterday, I do wonder if something may have been impacted. At the least, I’d try deleting your alarms, and then reset them up. See if that ‘fixes’ things, if not, I’d submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thank you.  It was before the Crowdstrike fiasco though.  I have narrowed it down to my large imported playlists in my music library.  If I create a smaller Sonos playlist for the alarm, it does go off so I won’t oversleep again, but I’m at a loss to understand what else may have changed to cause this.  I’ll follow your suggestion re the diagnostic.

I still don’t know if that fiasco affected any music streaming companies. Or Sonos, who connects to a litany of streaming companies. All the reports I’ve seen so far are about airlines, banks, and government facilities, and no mention of more prosaic issues.