Answered

adding move 2

I have the original Sonos move and I want to add the move 2 and play my music through both speakers . What is the best way to do this . I tried earlier with the move 2 being added and I lost connection with the original move in my Sonos App 

thanks 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 May 2024, 16:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

After you add the Move 2 to your system, group the Move and Move 2 together in the Sonos app to play the same music out of both speakers:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Make sure you add to existing system when setting up the new speaker. 

Thanks for all above …I think I have to factory reset the move 2 then ?

I installed move 2 on its own initially and then couldn’t find original move in the app . So the suggestion is to uninstall move 2 with factory reset , reinstall move original in app and add the new move 2 as an additional product to the system ?

If you factory reset the new Move, the original Move should just show up in your controller when you restart the controller, since there will be only one ‘system’ the controller can connect to. At that point, you’d ’add a product’, as @nik9669a suggested. There isn’t any need to ‘do’ anything to the original Move, nor to your controller app. 

Thankyou I shall try this . The  consensus is that I won’t be able to get stereo because  they aren’t identical but I should be able to play through both speakers simultaneously  ?

I’d think (without being able to test) that you would get stereo by setting up that way, since they are both Moves. Certainly, grouping them will work, though, which would still play the same music from each. 

Afraid my move 2 is doing nothing . I can’t do a factory reset as it’s not responding at all and it can’t be found when I try to add it . Anyone any thoughts please 🙏 

And as if by magic switching off my iPhone and switching it back on again the move 2 powers up …thanks all