Answered

Unable to join the network "SONOS" after installing Eero extender

• 11 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I just installed an Eero Pro 6 wifi mesh extender and my whole SONOS system went offline (3 amps). The app says “Sonos and your mobile device must be on the same network.  Let’s fix it”.  (NOTE: i used the same name and password for the extender as my Fios router/wifi thinking all my devices would automatically pick up the extender, and they mostly have.)  The app takes me through the network update and I get a message saying “Unable to join the network “SONOS”. I’ve done a factory reset of the devices and gone through the whole process multiple times and end with the same message. 

I’m not sure what else to do at this point...and i’m exceeding the limit’s of my technical aptitude.

Anyone have any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 11 December 2023, 01:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It sounds like you may need to put the Eero Hub into bridge AP mode to your main router and not create a separate WiFi network for it with the same credentials - I suspect you have it in router mode. See this link and the links off the first post in relation to using Eero in bridged AP mode… 

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers-229128/troubleshooting-sonos-on-wifi-6856334?postid=16520976#post16520976

Hope that resolves your issue.

Userlevel 1

Thanks, Ken.  I’ll give that a try and post back.

Userlevel 1

You’re the man, Ken!  Worked like a charm and super easy to do.  THANK YOU!