The fading promise of Google integrations, considering dumping the Sonos Ones and going back to Play 1's

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
With the latest Verge interview with Sonos CEO. I am feeling that sonos will fail to deliver on Google integration let alone a google skill this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/highlights-from-the-vergecast-interview-with-sonos-ceo-patrick-spence/ar-AAyHq9k

So I am considering getting right on my Sonos ones and going back to play 1. It is very disappointing that Sonos has miss the spring time promise. And after reading the interview. Maybe we will see it in 2019. I have lost faith that we will see it in 2018.

And now you do not even see google assistance mention in the Beam or the One product page.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

We're hard at work with the Google Assistant team and are still pushing to get it done this year. I don't have a solid timeline I can share as there are always lots of moving parts with a partnership like this. We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we can.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
I up and swap out sonos one's for play 1's. Friend bought my ones' and got a deal on two new play 1's and got to keep some of the cash I sold the ones' for. I end up getting couple of google home mini for free. So now I will just use them to control my sonos ones sonos add GA.