Skip to main content

I wanted to provide feedback on the new app layout and design.  It would be ideal to have everything on 1 screen in quadrants.  I find you have to drill down too many levels and then all the way back to get to the “Home Screen” and the Search Bar.  Music Services in 1 quadrant with the search bar always present, 2nd quadrant for what is playing now with ALL the controls, 3rd quadrant for all the devices/rooms you have that can be turned on and off or have their volume adjusted.  Lastly, the 4th quadrant for your personal playlists/recently played. Touching 1 quadrant expands it to have all the details you have now in the various sub-menus but it eliminates drilling down. All controls in the app now accessible from 4 quadrants - simple and clean.

There is a small bar at the top center of most screens. Dragging this down can shortcut the effort required to get Home.

I agree that there is too much digging required on many interfaces, including SONOS. I think that we are from a different era. I think that the UI schools are teaching “easy” and a very sparse screen indicates an “easy” program -- right? While the SONOS Home screen is hardly sparse, if recently played is your thing, then It’s in your face, but I hope that the current room is the one you want.

As I watch young people out and about, they seem to enjoy scrolling and digging. If this is the audience for new product purchase, then the UI is appropriate.

While it’s still very much a work in progress, you might prefer play.sonos.com. My own preference is the desktop controller. While it might seem cluttered to the “easy” seekers, not much digging is required.