Skip to main content
Question

any third-party sonos app recommendations?

• 18 May 2024
  • 5 replies

The new update has impacted my speakers connectivity and removed playlist capability which really impacted me. I am thinking of using a third-party for my speakers now. Does anyone have any recommendations? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Brilliant idea. Any developers out there willing to have a go? Sonos customers love the speakers, it just the app that's been ruined. We just need a music player app capable of connecting wirelessly to Sonos speakers - can't be that difficult, can it?

There is one in development now, stay tuned, testing has been completed of all core functions, now for the final coding and design.  No ETA on final release, but it will be before the app gets fixed I can promise you all.  ;)  

I moved to SonoPhone on IOS. My playlists show and actually work. Interestingly, after loading the playlist on SonoPhone, I can then switch to the new Sonos app and the playlist will be in the cue (and play) but won’t show as a playlist option. And, unfortunately, in the new Sonos app, I can’t find any way to save the playlist.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

My app is available for Windows and Xbox. https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9nblggh4x6j0?ocid=badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Brilliant idea. Any developers out there willing to have a go? Sonos customers love the speakers, it just the app that's been ruined. We just need a music player app capable of connecting wirelessly to Sonos speakers - can't be that difficult, can it?

There are many third party apps in existence already. It is difficult, yes, but some of us have invested over a decade in reverse-engineering how it works so we can create a decent app for Sonos users.