Question

Amazon Echo Dot (gen 2) connected via in-line to a pair of Play5s

• 9 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I just bought a second Play5 (Gen 2) for stereo pairing. I have the Echo hook to the (R) Play5 speaker via in-line connector.
When switching to in-line I hear the Alexa audio coming out of the (L) Play5 speaker. Is there a way to set up L&R zones so my Alexa audio comes out both speakers?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Is wiring a second cable to your other unit via a splitter out of the question?
Hi,

I just bought a second Play5 (Gen 2) for stereo pairing. I have the Echo hook to the (R) Play5 speaker via in-line connector.
When switching to in-line I hear the Alexa audio coming out of the (L) Play5 speaker. Is there a way to set up L&R zones so my Alexa audio comes out both speakers?

If you have actually paired the two speakers, it should be coming out of both. Check the cable you are using for the connection between the two. You need to use a stereo 3.5 mm mini-plug, not a mono. Also, make sure both ends of the cable are seated properly in the socket. If they are not seated, both channels may not be making contact and you will only get one channel.