Answered

Youtube Music fast forward error

• 21 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi team.

When playing songs via YouTube Music and scrolling through a song (fast forward) the song stops, the app loads and after 10 seconds it gives an error. I've occurred this on two different youtube music profiles, on an iPhone 11, iPad 2021 and Google Pixel 2 on three environments:

1. Sonos 2 appwith two Sonos Ones and a Sonos Connect.

2. Sonos 2 app with one Sonos One

3. Sonos 1 app with Playbase, Connect Amp and a Sonos 3

Please can you look into this?

icon

Best answer by Xander P 22 March 2021, 10:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @kdravn, thanks for reaching out!

Are you experiencing this with uploaded tracks, or tracks that you’re streaming via a YouTube Music subscription?

If it is uploaded music that you’re having trouble with, then we’re aware of this issue, and are actively working with YouTube Music to have this resolved in a future update :)

Userlevel 1

Hi. Yes it's uploaded content. Happy to hear you're aware of this. I look forward to the fix!

Kind regards Kenneth 

I am experiencing the same issue ever since migrating to youtube music. It happens on all uploaded music.Error message is “unable to play…….  the song is not encoded correctly”.  When I scroll through the song.

These songs play back and seek just fine on youtube. Issue only occurs when playback in Sonos app.

There are also occasions where a song will stop in the middle and display the same message. I suspect there may be some network interruption the app can’t ‘seek’ and continue to play from where it left off.

Very annoying. Hope to have a solution soon.

Ray