Answered

Using Spotify Family account with Sonos

• 2 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, apologies if this has already been asked and answered, I could not find it in the forums.  We have numerous Sonos products in the house and myself and my daughters have Spotify accounts.  What I would like to achieve is as follows:

If I set it up so that each person in the family has a Spotify premium account, via a family account, is the the following possible:

Person 1 using Spotify account A via device 1 (say laptop) is listening through Sonos app and speaker in the kitchen.

Person 2 using Spotify account B via device 2 (say smartphone) is listening via Sonos app and speaker in the basement.

Person 3 using Spotify account C via device 3 (say iPad) is listening via Sonos app and speaker in the bedroom.

All three of these listening sessions are occurring at exactly the same time.

Is that possible or is it that one sonos network can only be actively playing back 1 Spotify account at a time?

icon

Best answer by Belly M 2 March 2021, 17:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

With a Spotify premium and family account, you should be able to listen to different music on different speakers on the same Sonos network at the same time.

Badge +20

Yes, what you are asking in your scenarios works.

Using the Sonos app you add Spotify for each account and then you can switch between user as needed.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3624?language=en_US

Badge

Cool, I didn’t realize until today the Sonos app supported toggling between multiple Spotify family accounts with a drop-down. Thanks!

Using the Sonos app you add Spotify for each account and then you can switch between user as needed.

Hi Belly M, thanks for the answer. The answer you have provided is not the question I am asking.  The case I am talking about is two spotify accounts streaming different music to two different sonos speakers on the same network at the same time.  If only one spotify account can be used at the same time, it doesn’t serve my use case.  Thanks for the article link though it looks like knowing that helped some other folks so that is good.

Badge +20

Hi Belly M, thanks for the answer. The answer you have provided is not the question I am asking.  The case I am talking about is two spotify accounts streaming different music to two different sonos speakers on the same network at the same time.  If only one spotify account can be used at the same time, it doesn’t serve my use case.  Thanks for the article link though it looks like knowing that helped some other folks so that is good.

not sure what you are asking then if it’s not the answer I have given.

if you add two Spotify accounts to Sonos, switch to one account and play music in one room. Then switch to the other account let’s you play different music in another room. Switched between accounts on the app does not stop the music playing and different streams will continue to play in different rooms.

Ah I see.  I had understood it previously that if you switched accounts it would stop the playback on the first one.  Thanks for the clarification!