Answered

Crossfade Spotify tracks with Sonos?

• 18 June 2020
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 5 replies

I’m a new Spotify member.  Can I use crossfade when playing to my Sonos speakers?  If not, it’s a pretty useless service for me.

icon

Best answer by ratty 18 June 2020, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You should be able to, if you play Spotify tracks using the Sonos controller app.

Thanks for the reply but I tried that and it doesn’t work either...crossfade is greyed out on sonos when I select spotify.  Pandora works perfectly though so guess I’ll continue to go that route.

Thanks for the reply but I tried that and it doesn’t work either...crossfade is greyed out on sonos when I select spotify.  Pandora works perfectly though so guess I’ll continue to go that route.

I don’t think it works on a Spotify station, but it will work on Spotify tracks loaded to the queue. 

Thanks but I have no idea how to load tracks into a queue.  In fact, I can’t even figure out how to create a queue or why I need one.  Up to now, I’ve just played my itunes playlists on sonos and they work great.  I’m trying to figure out how to set up a queue but you can google all day and not get a straight answer.  Very confusing.  If i don’t have a queue, how can I load Spotify tracks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

When you play any playlists or individual tracks using the Sonos app, they automatically get added to the queue. You can see this queue by tapping on this icon: 

It’s located at the top right of the screen on your Now Playing menu.

Tracks you play in the Sonos app using Spotify will go to the Queue too.

You can save the Queue as a Sonos playlist, where it’ll show up in your “My Sonos”