CBC Listen streams

• 6 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

How can I stream CBC music streams and podcasts from the CBC Radio & Music service?  

I'm able to stream the live radio stations, "CBC Radio 1" and "CBC Music On Air" (aka Radio 2) from various markets, but I don't see the other CBC music streams or podcasts on Sonos that are available in the corporation's own CBC Listen phone app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You may be able to add their direct streams to your Sonos, but the CBC controls what is made available to streaming companies that exist in Sonos. More information about setting up an internet radio station .

Unfortunately, Sonos has no say in what is in the streams provided to their system. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks, but I’m not referring to a streaming company like TuneIn, I’m using the actual CBC Radio & Music service found in the Services section in Sonos.

There are some older threads about this and one of them, with the subject line ‘CBC Radio 3’, has the following instructions:

You need to add the CBC music service then browse in the CBC music service under CBC music streams -> Pop -> CBC Radio 3. There are also plenty of other stream channels to choose from.

I’m not seeing the stream categories or channels mentioned in that post, though. Has that changed?