Youtube and Sonos Ray

Hi. I’m having a problem with my Sonos Ray dropping audio while using the Youtube app through my Apple TV 4K.  The Ray is connected optically obviously as there isn’t another option and it seems to only drop audio with Youtube. However, the other day it did the same with Amazon Prime Video but that’s only been once.  We also have an LG tv.  Is anyone else having this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Make sure the Change Format setting on the Apple TV is set to ON and set the New Format to Dolby Digital 5.1 or Stereo.

What model TV do you have?

Hi! Thanks for the advice.   I’ve done that and still have a problem.  My LG is and SK8000pua, I’d that helps. 

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the TV and Apple TV for a couple of minutes.

Can you post photos of your TV’s current audio settings?

Hi again.  Thanks again very much for your help and sorry for the slow reply.  

I didi try changing format, again.  And then the Appletv just pushed through another update.  The Tv settings are weird because you can’t actually disable the speakers, you can only flip the outputs.  So, I have it on the optical output. 

Right now, with the update, it seems to be a bit more stable and not changing from optical to tv speakers on the Appletv. And then through the Youtube app, the sound doens’t seem to be dropping out as frequently.  So, I don’t know….it might that I have an older Appletv? or it’s just that Sonos, youtube/google and apple just can’t get their act together.  

Anyway - thanks for your help!  If the audio starts to drop out again, I’ll be posting again.