Skip to main content

Equipment:

*Xbox Series X

*Samsung UN50MU6070 with eARC

*HAMDI 2.1 cables

*Sonos Arc (A100)

Hi all, I'm having trouble setting up dolby atmos for the Xbox. The Xbox is saying the device isn't capable of Dolby Atmos and the TV is saying the Sonos Arc isn't capable of Dolby Digital +. This is weird because I previously had the TV set up with a cheaper SoundCore soundbar that had Dolby Atmos working when the Xbox was plugged directly into the soundbar. I've even tried swapping out the sonos HDMI cord with an HDMI 2.1 cable that I was previously using.

Settings:

Xbox:

HDMI Audio: Dolby Digital

Passthrough Allowed

TV:

Sound Output: Reciever (HDMI)

HDMI Input Audio Format: Bitstream

Digital Output Audio: Dolby Digital

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Figured it out, both the Sonos and Xbox need to be plugged into eArc, however my tv only has one eARC.

Are you sure your model TV is equipped with eARC? Based on my research, it only has HDMI ARC. eARC is required to play Dolby Atmos audio from the Xbox.

There’s little labels for each of the ports and one is labeled HDMI 2 (eARC). However there’s only one eARC, so I’m waiting on an adapter to come. I previously had Dolby Atmos working, when my old sound bar had the xbox plugged directly into it.

If your TV is actually equipped with eARC, then you don’t need two eARC ports. The Arc connects to the eARC port and the Xbox connects to any other HDMI port on the TV.

But based on my research, your model TV was released five years ago and more than likely isn’t equipped with eARC. So this is the reason why you can’t get Dolby Atmos audio to play from the Xbox.

The reason Dolby Atmos worked with your last sound bar is because the Xbox was connected directly to the sound bar, not the TV.

Are you sure you listed the correct TV model on your post? Is it possible to post a photo of the label on the HDMI 2 port? What adapter did you purchase?

My bad! I misread the label on the TV, it’s actually just ARC and not eARC. Upgrading TVs now hahah

My bad! I misread the label on the TV, it’s actually just ARC and not eARC. Upgrading TVs now hahah

Happens to the best of us. Good luck!

FYI: if you end up hearing a loud bang! sound when running Dolby Atmos from the Xbox, you might want to check into this thread.