Answered

XBOX Audio Loss with Playbar

• 26 February 2023
  • 9 replies

When I finish playing a game on the XBOX. I lose my audio. It seems that the application shows the Dolby 5.1 during the game but after I exit the game, whilst still on the XBOX, the menu nor apps have no audio.

I have to turn off the XBOX to get it too come back. It's really so confusing. I've checked settings over and over to attempt a fix but I've gotten nothing. Does anyone have any idea why this is occurring? 

Thank you so much in advance!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 March 2023, 10:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What TV are you using?

I'm using a Samsung 

Model: UN75RU7100FXZA

This is so odd. I can't figure it out. So while the XBOX is running the game, if I exit the game I lose the audio to the menus and sounds of the XBOX.

But if I go back into the game, they come back. I'm output from the TV to Sonos with an optic cable.

I have an HDMI cable from the Xbox to the TV. 

If that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

When there is unexpected silence, what does the app show for the audio type on the TV?

What are the audio settings on the Xbox?

What are the audio settings on the TV?

It sounds as if non-game audio is using a codec that your TV can’t pass through (eg DTS)

If I recall correctly. It shows Dolby 2.0

Audio Settings on XBox are Dolby Digital Output

TV is also set to Dolby 

The non-game audio works fine as long as I don't go into the Battlefield Game. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Joe Albergo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you disconnect all other HDMI devices from the TV, do you still have this problem?

Hi @Joe Albergo 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If you disconnect all other HDMI devices from the TV, do you still have this problem?

Hey Corey, my XBOX One X is the only HDMI device I have connected to my TV brother.

The optical out goes to the Playbar and that's all. 🤔😢

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Joe Albergo 

You could try unplugging your TV from power for at least 2 minutes - if that doesn’t help, I can only recommend contacting Samsung or Microsoft support. That the Sonos app reports Dolby Digital 2.0 when there’s no audio suggests that either the TV or the XBox are sending an “empty” signal with no audio.

I hope this helps.

The audio comes back without me having to turn off my TV. I just turn off the XBOX then turn it back on.

Not sure if you're understanding the initial issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Joe Albergo 

I do understand.

It’s difficult to frame in less than too many words exactly why I think fully rebooting the TV’s software will help, but if it does (and I can’t promise it will) I think that, as a fix, it will last considerably longer than rebooting the X-Box, although it really depends on which device is responsible for the loss of audio in the first place.

Put it this way - if it doesn’t help, what have you lost? 

I hope this helps.