Answered

x950h (eARC)/atv4k/disney plus no atmos

Have atv4k hooked up to sony 55”x950h (hdmi 1 ) and then ARC/eARC (hdmi 3) to new Sonos Arc.  Tv settings are set for audio pass through (auto) I get atmos from every streaming service except disney plus. Sonos app says multichannel PCM 5.1. The audio is noticeably softer / not as full as atmos content. 

any ideas or suggestions to try. Do I need a 4k arcana? 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 October 2022, 13:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

If every app except Disney+ is giving Dolby Atmos, it has probably something to do with Disney+ and not your equipment. Sure the content you tried on D+ is supposed to deliver Atmos sound?

Userlevel 7

A recent update to Disney+ app has broke Atmos. Need to wait on fix by Disney+.

If every app except Disney+ is giving Dolby Atmos, it has probably something to do with Disney+ and not your equipment. Sure the content you tried on D+ is supposed to deliver Atmos sound?

Yes. Tried Thor love and thunder and a few others new releases. 

A recent update to Disney+ app has broke Atmos. Need to wait on fix by Disney+.

I concur with this.  Spent an hour on the phone with Disney over the weekend, Atmos is broken for some devices and Disney is working on a fix.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Dang, I have just spent an hour messing around with all settings, cables, plugs, never thought of changing to apple + to test 😜

Thanks 

Dang, I have just spent an hour messing around with all settings, cables, plugs, never thought of changing to apple + to test 😜

Thanks 

The Disney support person had me doing this.  After my 20th time reassuring him that I’ve done it all, he finally went and asked a superior.  Sure enough, he came back and told me it is a known issue.  You’d think they would send out a memo.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks 

The Disney support person had me doing this.  After my 20th time reassuring him that I’ve done it all, he finally went and asked a superior.  Sure enough, he came back and told me it is a known issue.  You’d think they would send out a memo.

I wish Walt was still with us, this wouldn't happen.  🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Normally Disney are all ears, appears they’re just goofing around with this issue though. 

Userlevel 7

Atmos has now returned for me using Disney+ on LG C1

Was there an update to the TV’s firmware (essentially updating the onboard firmware for the Disney app) or was the change done on Disney’s servers?

Userlevel 7

Was there an update to the TV’s firmware (essentially updating the onboard firmware for the Disney app) or was the change done on Disney’s servers?

I’d say Disney servers as Atmos also returned on Disney+ when using Apple TV 4K

Atmos back for Fire TV devices.