Skip to main content
Answered

Wireless Headphones not working with Sonos Ultimate Immersive Set with Arc.

• 11 January 2024
  • 2 replies

i have recently purchased a Sonos Arc, Sub and Era 300 speakers for my livng room TV, which is a Sony XR6509J. i am now unable to listen through my wireless headphones. The headphones connect to the Optical Output from the TV. When I change the Audio Output to TV Speakers, to enable me to listen thriugh my headphones, the TV automatically defaults  back to Audio System, rendering my headphones useless. Prior to Sonos, I had an AV Receiver and speaker system.  I could simply mute the sound from the tv and listen through the headphones when I turned them on. Can anyone assist?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try disabling Bravia Sync before you switch to the headphones.

Hi and thanks. I've managed to sort it by changing a setting on the Sky Q box from Dolby Digital to Normal, which is straight forward. I can leave the Optical lead connected to the Sky Q box from the headphones and when viewing apps through the TV, I can leave the TV settings alone, to get the best out of the Sonos.