Skip to main content
Answered

Will the ERA 300 Wall Mount Swivel Vertically

Most of the questions I see posted are about where to mount the wall mounts. What I would like to know now that I have the speakers level horizontally is there a way to adjust them vertically? In other words they appear to sag where the front is lower than the rear? By the way the Dolby Atmos is absolutely mind blowing!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy 

Thanks for your post!

Assuming you got the Era 300 mounts from our online store (at https://www.sonos.com/shop/sonos-era-300-wall-mount), they have a ball and socket design which allows 15° movement up or down and left or right. So, to fix the sag, you’ll need to loosen the screw a little, tilt the speaker mount up slightly, then tighten the screw (all this after removing the speaker from the mount)..

I hope this helps, and I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the speakers!

Edit: Please ignore this advice - the correct advice is given below

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @toyboy 

Thanks for your post!

Assuming you got the Era 300 mounts from our online store (at https://www.sonos.com/shop/sonos-era-300-wall-mount), they have a ball and socket design which allows 15° movement up or down and left or right. So, to fix the sag, you’ll need to loosen the screw a little, tilt the speaker mount up slightly, then tighten the screw (all this after removing the speaker from the mount)..

I hope this helps, and I’m glad to hear you are enjoying the speakers!

Well that’s easy for you to say! That screw is set so tightly I couldn’t even move it a fraction.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy 

Understood, but that’s probably a good thing - it prevents more sag. Again, that’s easy for me to say.

If you have a screwdriver with a thicker handle than the last one you used, that will give you more torque.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @toyboy 

Understood, but that’s probably a good thing - it prevents more sag. Again, that’s easy for me to say.

If you have a screwdriver with a thicker handle than the last one you used, that will give you more torque.

I hope this helps.

I found a screwdriver I could loosen the screw with but that doesn’t allow you tilt up and down. That only attaches the collar to the bracket. Unless I’m missing something here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy 

Apologies. I have neither used nor seen these mounts, and I incorrectly assumed that the screw visible in the picture was for loosening the joint. 

In actual fact, you just need to rotate the collar to unlock the adjustment of the pitch or yaw of the speaker’s orientation:

from Era 300 guide at https://www.sonos.com/en/guides/era300#mount

I hope this helps, and apologies again for the screwdriver hunt and the hassle of removing the speakers from the mount that I caused!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I got the instructions you sent and as per the instructions it shows you can move the speaker sideways and vertically and I can twist it to make it level from side to side. But I’m telling you now I almost pulled it off the wall trying to adjust it vertically. What might I be doing wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy 

I’m sorry to hear that! To be honest, supplying the guide is the best I can do.

I tried to get these pictures into my last post to you. Hopefully it will work this time.

Just to be clear, you are trying to tilt the speaker up or down, and not slide it up or down? The latter is not possible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey Corey, I appreciate your help. Something will show up sooner or later. Have a great day!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @toyboy 

I hope you are able to sort it out, or someone who owns the mounts interjects here to help.

You are most welcome, and the same to you!

Did you ever get this sorted out. I have the same problem.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Sorry to say I didn’t. For some odd reason they sent me one replacement bracket but it was identical to the original so yes I still have the problem. Maybe someday they’ll fix it. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Did you ever get this sorted out. I have the same problem.

Thanks

I finally found a fix these mounts! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C61F4TDV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

I received them this morning and the are mounted with the ERA300s and they are perfect. The only thing is that the mounting hardware they send I didn’t think would hold the speakers so I drilled out the holes in the mounts and used larger screws mounting to the studs behind the dry wall.

Have a great day!