Skip to main content
Answered

Where do you think I should place my sonos era 300s?

• 16 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the Sonos error 300. I have been looking and reading at a lot in the forums that are suggesting to put the rear speakers at ear level. I was hoping to save some square footage and potentially mount them higher on the rear wall about 5-6 feet from the back of my couch and invert them, but I had questions about this affecting the sound quality of the home theater. 

I'll attach some photos for some advice. I did ask a Sonos tech support directly, and I save the screenshot here, but it seems that the sound quality should not be affected. Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

This may be a case where you would want to mount the speaker upside down, but I’m not sure if Sonos has developed the trueplay tuning for that.  The wall might be a bit too far away from the seating area, but probably ok.  Also, I would probably mount them on the bulkhead away from that side wall if possible.  That should be better for sound, and probably better to hide power outlets.

In general, one needs to have speakers pointing towards the level of the ears in listening positions, so if they are placed higher, angle them downwards such that they still point so. Trueplay should then take care of all else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I suggest the best location would be in my home, @Cjacab, though I suspect you might find this option to be unacceptable? 😜

I suggest the best location would be in my home, @Cjacab, though I suspect you might find this option to be unacceptable? 😜

Haha yeah maybe a little

In general, one needs to have speakers pointing towards the level of the ears in listening positions, so if they are placed higher, angle them downwards such that they still point so. Trueplay should then take care of all else.

Thanks for the advice. Esthetically it looks the best because the floor stands would occupy space.