Question

What is that noise??

• 25 September 2020
  • 6 replies

Hello. 

I use only sonos beam mainly as t.v. speaker. every few days a strange noise is coming out of the left side (  I don't really know how to define that ). It ends only after removing the electricity plug. I couldn't find a way to attach the soundtrack file here. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @svc769.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I would like to ask if we can follow the recommended steps to help this get taken care of.

• Can we unplug the power cord from the power outlet and from the Sonos Beam and plug it back after 10-15 seconds. We just want to make sure everything fits snuggly.
  • If the Sonos Beam is plugged into a power strip and not a power outlet, can we bypass the power strip and plug it into a power outlet and check if the Beam would get any light indications at all?
  • If the Sonos Beam is plugged into a power outlet, can we check by either plugging another device (that works) on the same power outlet that the Sonos Beam is plugged into to make sure that there is power supplied on that power outlet?
  • Can we try also plugging the Beam into a different power outlet and check if we have any improvements?

If after following the above recommendations and still we have no signs of activity on the Sonos Beam, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hi Paul and thanks for the fast reply. 

Step A is what I wrote I do so far to overcome the problem and it works.

It is connected to  power outlet and not strip. Other devices are working perfectly. 

When it's connected to other power outlet the problem remains. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @svc769.

Thanks for the detailed and immediate response. 

I like to recommend taking a look if there are any wireless devices near Sonos Beam. I would also suggest going through the guide about wireless interference as other wireless devices might be causing this noise. I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Hello again.

Is the technical support team has an Email or only phone number?

Thx

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @svc769.

Thanks for the immediate response.

We have multiple channels to accommodate. Chat technical support. Phone technical support, and Other contact option. which can be found on the link provided. Just choose the corresponding country you’re in.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hi Paul and thank you for the quick response. 

I'm from Israel and couldn't find that on the states list. 

The chat link is sending me back to the general "contact us" page. 

I will try to contact with the dealer I bought it from hopefully it will help.

thx again