Skip to main content
Answered

What are the surrounding speaking doing while playing music

• 2 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi sonos experts, 

I have a set up with sonos beam 2 and a pair of one, for the surrounding sound, I wonder when I am playing music, and the music is stereo, is this surrounding set up just playing stereo sound from the main speaker which is Beam here, then what is the sound coming from the two rare speaker? part of the stereo sound? 

thank you for answering 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It depends on the setting for music from the surrounds in the Beam’s room settings. ‘Full’ should mirror the front L/R to the surround speakers. ‘Ambient’ produces more of, well, an ambient sound from the surrounds. Choose which you prefer.

Badge

It depends on the setting for music from the surrounds in the Beam’s room settings. ‘Full’ should mirror the front L/R to the surround speakers. ‘Ambient’ produces more of, well, an ambient sound from the surrounds. Choose which you prefer.

thank you @ratty  

i also just noticed if beam is playing music from line in through Port, the ambient mode still play full range of left right channel sound :D 

Line-In from the Port will behave the same as any other music source. It’s “music”, not ‘TV”. “TV” is what comes in via the HDMI.