Answered

volume levels after latest update

• 29 December 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I have just added an extra sub 3 to my arc , 2 x Eros 300 and existing sub 3. After the set up Sonos updated the software. Now the volume is so low. I previously had the base on about -4 as was great if needed it louder and now with the extra sub and update I have to have it on + 9 or 10 to get the base. Also the volume I have to now have the system on is 100% when listing to say music and can’t get any louder when before I had it on 70% and it was lovely and loud. Why by adding an additional sub 3 has the system now gone quieter as this was the whole reason why I wanted an extra sub to boost my sound as I have a very large living room and like to have the sound loud. Please help. 

icon

Best answer by RHJ 2 January 2024, 21:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RHJ 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

This does not sound like normal behaviour to me - please reboot the Arc by removing power for a few seconds and test again.

Please also note that the exact placement of Subs can significantly affect how much you are able to hear it, so please experiment a little with Sub placement - even moving one a few inches can affect things drastically.

It may also help to remove the Subs from the Arc and bond them together once more: Settings » System » [room with Arc] » Remove Sub(s).

If none of this helps, however, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Myself and others have said the volume is now lower than before. Don’t know why they call it performance enhancements when they turn the volume down on its users. 

Hi Sonos and Dogdad

I have now spoken to Sonos support and they have rectified the issue by restarting the whole system again and starting from the beginning. This has made a huge difference and the sound is now back as it should be. 

thank you Sonos for your great customer support. Would now turn my one start to five star as the sound is amazing with two subs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @RHJ 

That’s great to hear - thanks for updating the thread!