Answered

Volume issues - sound non involving

• 3 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I just bought Sonos ARC and thought I was going to be blown away. The sound does not fill the room Instead the volume is very low and not very involving. I have to turn it up a lot to make it better than the TV. I have a Sony Bravia A80J. For example, if I keep it at 30 on the TV, on the soundbar I have to bring it to 45-50 to have the same sensations. I tried all kinds of settings.. I raised the highs and lows even from the Sonos APP. Has anyone else had the same experience? How did he solve the problem?I haven't used trueplay yet
icon

Best answer by Corry P 4 January 2023, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Paolo P. 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear you are not happy with your new Arc - is it, by any chance, enclosed by your TV furniture? I’ll assume not.

TruePlay is worth trying if you have the option, but your satisfaction with the sound of your Sonos product is paramount for us. Please test playback of online music via the Sonos app (remember to turn down the volume a bit first in case it is too loud) - if this sounds louder, then it’s possible the low volume is due to the audio format being provided by the TV. Adjusting the TV’s digital audio output format to Dolby Digital would be a good test to verify this - lossless formats like Multichannel LPCM often sound much quieter than Dolby Digital. If, however, the Arc sounds quiet when playing music too, then there might have been a manufacturing issue - we’ll be happy to organise a replacement or a refund, whichever you prefer. In this instance, please get in touch with our technical support team directly.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for your answer.
TV is on the wall and Sonos Arc leaning on a piece of forniture under the TV, free from constraints.
I hope to be able to try TruePlay as soon as possible, hoping it will solve the problem.

Testing playback of online music via sonos App, the sound seems imprisoned and soffucated. I have to push the volume beyond 50-60% to start releasing the sound and perceiving the wow effect. I don't think it's a normal situation 2 meters from the soundbar

.. and no.. I'm not hearing impaired ;-)

On Sonos APP:

Bass +7
High + 10
Loudness ON
Volume limit 100% (off)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Paolo P. 

Thanks for testing that - in this case, I think it is an issue with the Arc.

There is a slight possibility that a factory reset of the Arc will help - as the Arc is your only product, this will unfortunately involve setting everything up from scratch.

Please reset the Sonos app: Settings » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset and exit.

Once done, factory reset the Arc.

When the Arc’s light is flashing green, reopen the Sonos app and opt to Set Up a New System. You can use your existing Sonos account. Setup the Arc.

Once the Arc’s TV setup has completed, please test the Arc’s sound again - if it has not improved, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team to look into your replacement options.

I hope this helps.