Answered

Virgin v6 remote and Sonos

• 7 October 2022
  • 7 replies

I’ve just set up my Arc, One SL speakers and sub.

I’ve got the volume on the Arc working with my virgin controller, but the TV standby button is no longer working. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks

icon

Best answer by alphamango 12 October 2022, 23:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

If you ‘long press’ the button for several seconds, does that perhaps work for you?

Unfortunately not. Thanks though 

Have you got HDMI auto-power-sync (or similar feature) enabled in the TV settings? For example, on an LG TV  it’s a feature within ‘Settings/Connection/HDMI Device Settings’ - perhaps look for that feature, or a similar option on your TV and try that with the V6 remote.

Also here’s another thing to try… Ensure the correct code is setup for your make/model of TV.

On the V6 box goto "Home/Help & Settings/Help/Virgin TV" and select ‘Programme Your Remote’ and follow the onscreen instructions to setup/control your TV with the V6 remote.

Thanks for your help. I found a setting on my virgin box that lets me turn on/off devices connected via hdmi. 

Thanks for your help. I found a setting on my virgin box that lets me turn on/off devices connected via hdmi. 

Can I ask which setting that is snd where it’s located in the settings menu… always useful to know these things, thanks 🙏

Virgin box: settings - system - one power - on

this turns on (and standby) devices attached via hdmi when you press the red power button on the v6 virgin control.