Using bluetooth headphones on the TV og cancel the sound on the Sonos Ray

• 7 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I just bought Sonos Ray. The setup went OK. Before installing the Sonos ray, I had paired my bluetooth headphones with the TV. I could choose to turn off the sound on the TV and keep it on my headphones. After installing the Sonos Ray, I still get sound to my headphones, but I can't turn off the sound on my TV without turning off the sound in my headphones at the same time. Is there a simple solution on this matter? I have a Samsung 6-series TV.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Can’t you just mute the Ray speaker in the Sonos App?

Thank's for replying.

Yes, it's possible to turn off the sound in the app or turn down the sound on the bar itself. Was hoping for a solution where the kids can do it by them selves without installing the app on their phones too. 

Thank's for replying.

Yes, it's possible to turn off the sound in the app or turn down the sound on the bar itself. Was hoping for a solution where the kids can do it by them selves without installing the app on their phones too. 

Maybe suggest they press the play/pause button on the Ray itself. Or setup a separate remote with a different infrared code - lots of ways to achieve the same outcome.