Skip to main content

Upgrading to Arc

• 7 December 2023
  • 5 replies

We have a Sound Bar on one TV and Roams, One's etc everywhere.  Very happy.  In our lounge we have an outdated B&O AV receiver, woofers, tweeters, cables everywhere, giving us 5.1 surround.  I am looking at updating this to Sonos also.  I think the Arc is what I'm after, but what other bits do I need to replicate the current 5.1 surround, or better?    Thanks, Kate

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Get the Sonos Arc, Sub, and Era 300s as surrounds. This will give you a 7.1.4 home theater setup.

Cool, thanks very much 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Take a good look at the positioning requirements for the Era 300s and make sure you can get them close to that, otherwise a set of Era 100s might be more friendly to your room.

If you can get them close to right the 300s are the way to go.

Select a location: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/era300

Went for the 300s, been installed 2 days now. It’s phenomenal 😃 thanks for the advice! Just need the dog to get used to the new sound clarity now and stop investigating the sub 🤣🤦‍♀️

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can make a simple cover for the Sub using a swath of inexpensive speaker cloth that will lower the dog’s interest in the hole making odd noises.

For a lot more money you can buy a SoundSkin Sub cover.