Upgrade Sonos PlayBar & Sonos Play 1 (1st Generation)

• 27 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am contemplating upgrading my Sonos PlayBar, however unsure which Sonos product to upgrade to. My setup includes: x2 Sonos Play 1’s (1st generation) and x1 Sonos Sub (1st generation) in Living Room, that make’s up Home Theatre.  FYI, I also Sonos PlayBar hooked up to Samsung 85” QLED TV.  Thanks for sharing advice!! 

1 reply

My choice would definitely be to go with the larger Sonos Arc for that size of TV - I suspect the Beam will be quite small by comparison. Just swap the Playbar for the Sonos Arc and either use the Playbar elsewhere in the Home, or sell it on. Note your existing speakers are probably also eligible for trade-up/upgrade (if not previously used) so you can perhaps apply for discount vouchers on your Soundbar purchase and hang-onto/continue-to-use, your existing devices. See this link:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/upgrade

However, if you do use the upgrade route and then sell-on any of your old devices, then don’t forget to tell the purchaser if you have used the upgrade voucher, so they know exactly what they are purchasing.

Hope that assists.