Answered

Update Beam, Play 1’s and Sub Surround fails Error 1013

• 12 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Surround as in title won’t update. Running S2. Have rebooted both router and devices several times. Surround no longer working. Cannot remove surround since it needs an update. Update goes through “Getting ready” then jumps to “Finishing up” then to update failed.

Any advice?

icon

Best answer by buzz 13 March 2023, 05:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Here is the official suggestion. My suggestion is to temporarily wire the SONOS units to your router and allow them to update. Avoid the temptation to Factory Reset without further consult because it will likely create a mess and will not likely resolve this situation.

Thanks for the quick reply buzz. Here’s an update.

I was able to determine the specific speaker in the surround having the difficulty -- one of the Play 1’s. I swapped it out with a Play 1 from another room and the surround is now up and running.

Then on to the troublesome Play 1. I did try connecting by wire without luck. So I did reset it which hasn’t helped yet still requiring an update before it will connect. Update still fails with error 30. I’ll fiddle with it a bit but it may mean I have a Play 1 for a fancy paperweight?

Thanks.

Factory Reset (only) the problem PLAY:1, then add it to your system. Wire the player to the network. Take care to add the player, it’s too easy to setup a new system if you click the wrong link.

If this does not resolve the issue, hardware failure is very likely.

Before the Factory Reset, submit a diagnostic and log the confirmation number. If you contact SONOS support this diagnostic might contain something useful. Factory Reset trashes diagnostic information.

Thanks buzz. I already did the factory reset. It seems it’s now the step of adding to the network that’s the hold up. Needs an update before it will do so but still doesn’t update, wired or not. I’m now too thinking probable hardware failure.