Answered

Unable to setup Beam

• 28 January 2021
  • 6 replies

This seems to be a common issue so forgive me if I am duplicating threads….

We have brand new Beam and unable to set it up either wirelessly or on ethernet.

I have tried all suggestions i.e. reboot router, reboot & factory set Beam etc

We have n existing Sonos system and I have had training so am now at a miss with why it will not allow us to set it up. It is nothing obvious.

After trawling the internet we have run out of ideas.

Very disappointing but if anybody has any other ideas we could try I would love to hear.

icon

Best answer by harveybabes 28 January 2021, 19:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.

Hi Bruce

Thank you for your reply.

I have spoken to Sonos and the lady in support says that the Sonos Cloud has gone down and she has been inundated with calls relating to this type of issue, bless her!

I am hoping it is as simple as that - she will be sending me a link with their cloud service status so will check this evening and try again.

I’ll update once I know

Here’s the link if you need to check the current status of the Sonos Servers:

Sonos Status

I’m having the same problem trying to connect a Sub to existing system 
S2 app recognises it but unable to add to the network, even when connected via Ethernet. 
Assuming for now it’s due to the Cloud technical issues. Hope it’s fixed soon. 

I’m having the same problem trying to connect a Sub to existing system 
S2 app recognises it but unable to add to the network, even when connected via Ethernet. 
Assuming for now it’s due to the Cloud technical issues. Hope it’s fixed soon. 

Now working 

Yes, its seems it was purely the Sonos issue - Beam connected as soon as all services were back up and running - happy days