Unable to link Sonos Beam to my account

• 7 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 11 replies

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for your help. I had a bit of a roller-coaster day today. Google Assistant stopped working on the beam but it was still able to play audio from the TV etc. but sonos radio wouldnt work. I could see there was activity on the router from the beam onto the net so was sure it was connected. I thought at first it must be me trying to spam Google Assistant too much today with my testing so they blocked me :joy: so I left it alone for a few hours and came back and it was still saying “Sorry I cant reach the internet right now” - strange!.

I rebooted the system a few times and always ending up with the same issue - my other sonos devices (sonos one gen2) on the same network had no issues. So, I decided to do a factory reset on the beam to see if it’ll help. Unfortunately, now it’s coming up on the sonos app as “Not Registered” and when I try to register it just sits there and finally fails. I can see on the sonos website under “systems” the beam is marked as “offline”.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by altyz 7 February 2021, 12:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you rebooted your router?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, I have the sonos one (gen2) is working fine and the Google Assistant on there responds without issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Quick update - looks like it may just take some time and showing online on my systems page, I tried the registration again and this time its gone through. Next challenge now is getting Google Assistant registered again!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi GuitarSuperstar, Thanks for your help I found this and it helped resolve my issue: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/asus-rt-ax86u-sonos-connection-issue-solved-6852561?postid=16498014#post16498014