Skip to main content

I have not been able to get Dolby Atmos to come from any apps on my tv through to my Sonos Arc.  The Arc is hooked up to the tv via eArc.  The TV is a  Samsung QN55S95BAFXZA Class S95B OLED 4K Smart Tizen TV.  My digital output is auto as when I try to select passthrough it says “The current audio format input cannot be passed through with an ARC connection.  The best I can get is Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby Multichannel PCM.  Not sure if there are settings in YouTube or other apps on the TV that I am missing.  Thanks for any help on this!

I think that codec is all the YouTube App currently supports… see here:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/11904456?hl=en

Does Youtube do anything else than stereo?

Does Youtube do anything else than stereo?

There are some YouTube videos available in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1, but most are in stereo.

My LG TV YouTube App will output DD 5.1 with this link, just as an example @106rallye :

I’ve not ever seen anything better, personally speaking, from the YT App, but my TV is now old I guess …2019 LG C9.

Thanks for the responses all.  The YouTube source threw me off since there is a lot of content labeled as Dolby Atmos which clearly isn’t supported.  I was able to get my system to produce Atmos on Netflix when playing Glass Onion.  Thank you again for the help.