Answered

tv surround system

• 5 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi I have a arc a sub and 4 Sonos ones. I have the arc under the tv, 2 x ones on the wall either side of the tv and 2x Sonos one’s behind me on the wall. Now I have had to set them up as a group to make all work with the tv but if I turn up and down volume with the tv remote it only controls the arc so I have to use the app to turn up and down tv. Is there a better setup so I can control all from remote .

icon

Best answer by John B 5 February 2023, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi.  In a word, no.  The most you can have in a Sonos HT set up is soundbar, 2 surround speakers and one or two Subs.  Although that "room" can be grouped with other rooms, that is not an intended use. For TV sound the speakers won’t even sync perfectly for TV sound - sre you not getting an echo effect?

You already have front left and right speakers in the Arc.  The only thing putting the Ones in front is going to do is muddy up the soundstage and cause an echo with TV sources.  More speakers does not automatically mean better sound.  Use the front Ones solely for music or move them to another room.