Answered

TV Surround Sound Question - Beam/Sonance in Wall

• 31 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi all - 

Drawing a blank on this. I have a large Sonos setup and am finishing a kitchen reno with wired sonance speakers. I wired two in ceiling and two in wall. They have separate amps in my comm center so I could separate the zones. 

I was planning to use the two in wall as surround for my Den TV. That TV will be connected to a Beam. This is obviously separate from my Comm Center. 

Can I use the in-wall as surround, even though the TV isn’t plugged into an amp? I will also have a Sub set up with it.

The In-Wall are running off a newer generation amp. Should I have run an HDMI cord to my comm center when the floors were open (too late now)?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 January 2021, 21:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can use the in-wall speakers connected to the Amp as surrounds for your Beam without the TV being plugged into the Amp.

Here is the setting up Amp or CONNECT:AMP as surround speakers FAQ.

Badge +2

Yes, you can use the in-wall speakers connected to the Amp as surrounds for your Beam without the TV being plugged into the Amp.

Does the beam have to be connected to the amp? Mine won’t be. 

Userlevel 7

Does the beam have to be connected to the amp? Mine won’t be. 

No, the Beam will connect wirelessly to the Amp.