Skip to main content
Question

TV sound doesnt start automatically

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi!

I’ve a Sonos Beam gen 2 and 2 Sonos One SL set up as my home theather on my Samsung tv but shortly after I’ve purchased and after I’ve installed it all it suddenly doesn’t start the tv sound automatically anymore when I want to view something on my Apple TV.. it only starts the tv sound when I turn on my KPN tv (media box).

so every time I need to switch between sources and start both the Apple TV and KPN before the sound starts to work.

I’ve set up the Beam with HDMI ARC because I don’t have e-arc.

Does anyone have a idea what it can be? I’ve tried everything I could come up with except reinstalling it because is rather don’t do that yet.. that’s my last resort.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi!

I’ve a Sonos Beam gen 2 and 2 Sonos One SL set up as my home theather on my Samsung tv but shortly after I’ve purchased and after I’ve installed it all it suddenly doesn’t start the tv sound automatically anymore when I want to view something on my Apple TV.. it only starts the tv sound when I turn on my KPN tv (media box).

so every time I need to switch between sources and start both the Apple TV and KPN before the sound starts to work.

I’ve set up the Beam with HDMI ARC because I don’t have e-arc.

Does anyone have an idea what it can be? I’ve tried everything I could come up with except reinstalling it because is rather don’t do that yet.. that’s my last resort.

There’s been a few threads where people post that previously working auto switch to tv stopped. It’s probably a bug with the new buggy AF app. I haven’t seen a solution. If you call support good luck getting through. 

In the settings for the Beam, the is an “Autoplay TV” setting that should be on.  See if it inadvertently got switched to off.  THat’s where I’d start. 

@Bumper 

I assume you referring tot the new 2024 Sonos app? If yes, unfortunately it started doing this way before the new app was released but I was to lazy to fix it till now.

@jgatie

i already checked that setting and TV Autoplay is on.

checked the tv and Apple TV settings as well and unplugged and plugged everything.