Skip to main content
Answered

TV recommendations for Beam setup

• 13 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m looking to replace my old Samsung 49in TV with a new 55in TV, but can’t decide on a brand or model.

I’d like to finally enjoy Atmos soundtracks (my current TV has no eArc connection, so eArc is a must), but also want to enjoy older blurays with DTS soundtracks (which has involved setting up my Samsung player to convert DTS to Dolby Digital). I’ve seen several people claim LG TVs no longer support DTS output, but I’m not sure if this is true...

Most of my viewing is bluray/4k (though my current TV really doesn’t show much of a difference between regular bluray and 4k) and gaming via PS5.

So, basically … can anyone recommend anything that’ll play nicely with my Beam (which is set up with two Play 1s and a Sub Mini) and give me the most faff-free surround/Atmos experience?

Trying to keep the budget under around £800 unless it’s something exceptional.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Should also say: It’s a Beam Gen 2!

Moderator edit: combined posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

It’s a little over your budget, but the LG C3 OLED is an exceptional TV and works great with Sonos. The TV supports Dolby Atmos and DTS audio too. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

That’s one I keep seeing in round-ups of the best TVs on the market. Might be worth a look - thanks for the tip!