Answered

Tv mutes sonos beam since adding a Nintendo switch

• 11 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi. 

Hoping someone has come across the same problem and fixed it.

Current set up is a sonos beam and two ones as rears. TV is an LG OLED 65 C1 and it’s all connected through eArc.

Have an Xbox series X connected and recently added a Nintendo Switch to the set up which has caused some issues. At first thought it was an issue with the switch to the tv to the sinks but have noticed the issues is now coming up on the Xbox as well. Basically no sound and any attempt at turning it up comes up a symbol on the screen like it’s been muted. If I turn the tv off, restart the sonos and the stars align then it will start working for both consoles but it’s not full proof. 

Anyone got any ideas how to fix? 

Moderator Edit: Added “Nintendo” for clarity

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 13 February 2023, 15:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @MarcoOfThePolo, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The next time this issue occurs, please submit a diagnostics and reply here with the confirmation number. This will allow me to have a look into the system and see what could be causing the audio issue.

Are you able to replicate the issue or does it happen at random? As the issue started occurring when the Switch was connected to the TV, I’d suggest testing if the issue occurs when only the Xbox or only the Switch is connected. 

You can also reach out to our support team for live troubleshooting regarding this issue.

I hope this helps!

Is this “switch” an HDMI switch? If so, is it placed between the TV and BEAM? What is the switch model number?

Is this “switch” an HDMI switch? If so, is it placed between the TV and BEAM? What is the switch model number?

Sorry I thought I had said in my original post but haven’t. It’s a Nintendo switch. So the Xbox is plugged in to HDMI 1, eArc is HDMI 2 and the Nintendo switch is in HDMI 3

Hi @MarcoOfThePolo, welcome to the Sonos Community!

The next time this issue occurs, please submit a diagnostics and reply here with the confirmation number. This will allow me to have a look into the system and see what could be causing the audio issue.

Are you able to replicate the issue or does it happen at random? As the issue started occurring when the Switch was connected to the TV, I’d suggest testing if the issue occurs when only the Xbox or only the Switch is connected. 

You can also reach out to our support team for live troubleshooting regarding this issue.

I hope this helps!

Not at home right now but will try this when I am and update