Answered

Tv Autoplay issues Sonos Ray Samsung Tv

• 13 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

When Tv Autoplay is enabled it takes control of the Sonos Ray bar when playing music from Spotify (when Tv is off). I'm thinking the TV must be sending a signal via the optical cable and the bar detects this and changes input sources. With TV Autoplay disabled I have no issues, the same when unplugging the fibre optic cable with TV Autoplay enabled. Samsung TV.

Anyone have any suggestions? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 November 2022, 18:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
hello, I also have a samsung TV, try to deactivate the HDMI CEC function to prevent the teve from waking up because of another device.Cordially

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The Sonos Ray does not do HDMI.

@RadDad79 , your assumption is correct, the Ray is sensing an input via optical, and switching over to the optical input from the TV.

But I’m not clear what your question is. Turning off auto play removes this switch, so you can keep playing music if desired, and then change the input manually using the controller, when desired.

What is it you’re trying to do?

Badge

@RadDad79 , your assumption is correct, the Ray is sensing an input via optical, and switching over to the optical input from the TV.

But I’m not clear what your question is. Turning off auto play removes this switch, so you can keep playing music if desired, and then change the input manually using the controller, when desired.

What is it you’re trying to do?

Hi Airgetlam 

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping to not have to turn Tv Autoplay on and off each time. I was hoping there may be a setting in either the TV or Sonos Ray that I could change. 

I don't have this issue with my Playbar and LG TV. 

Thanks 

I’m not sure what you are observing. How are you controlling Spotify? How do you control Volume on RAY while listening to Spotify.

You don’t have to turn on autiplay each time, all you need to do is select the TV line in when you want to listen to the TV.

The software is the same for both the Ray and the PLAYBAR, there is no difference.