Trying to setup new Home Theater but running into issues.

• 28 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hello,

Im new to sonos. I did all the search in this ask question before posting. 

I have epson Ls12000 projector with eArc - I have 100ft fiber hdmi cable running to sonos arc up front as center speaker. I got 2 sonos subs and a sonos amp for in ceiling speakers. The only issue im having is when i tie everything together. Sonos amp does not have white light and in ceiling speakers are not working. Arc and sub works fine. Sonos Amp is connected via ethernet cable. All 4 in ceiling speakers are hardwired to sonos amp. I can pause and play when i tap on amp or turn up or down volume on amp. Just that white light is not on but amp is functional as i can pause or play on it. I have tried to reset amp, arc and sub multiple times and every time i tie everything together i have the same issue. Not sure what am i doing wrong. I have also looked at trouble shooting tip section for amp but no luck.  Thank you and sorry for my grammar. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Disconnect the ethernet cable from the Amp and add the Amp as surrounds to the Arc by following the instructions in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

NOTE: The surround speakers in a Sonos home theater setup is designed to be behind you, not in front.

And ensure that the radio / Wi-Fi on both the Arc and the Sonos Amp are on, so that they can connect on that hidden 5Ghz signal.

@Guitarsupestar 

That worked. Unplugged it and re added sonos amp to arc as a surround sound. Just one question. So sonos amp does not need to be on ethernet? or i can connect ethernet cable after it is synced. I have my whole house in cat6 cable so everything is connected via wire and not wireless. Also white light is not still on amp but it is working fine now. I should be good without white light on amp correct?

Thank you. 

Userlevel 7

@Guitarsupestar 

That worked. Unplugged it and re added sonos amp to arc as a surround sound. Just one question. So sonos amp does not need to be on ethernet? or i can connect ethernet cable after it is synced. I have my whole house in cat6 cable so everything is connected via wire and not wireless. Also white light is not still on amp but it is working fine now. I should be good without white light on amp correct?

The Amp is designed to communicate wirelessly to a private 5GHz radio on the Arc. So keep the Amp wireless.

The LED light isn’t necessary. But if you want it to remain on, check the Amp’s settings in the Sonos app. The Status Light setting is located under Hardware.

Thank you. Worked like a charm and got the status light on as well. starting to like this sonos system so far. 

@GuitarSuperstar 

when you say amp is connected via 5ghz to Sonos arc. Will it still work if my amp is in the media server room and home theater is in another room? My server room is 2 rooms away from theater room. 

thank you for quick response earlier. 

Userlevel 7

@GuitarSuperstar

when you say amp is connected via 5ghz to Sonos arc. Will it still work if my amp is in the media server room and home theater is in another room? My server room is 2 rooms away from theater room. 

thank you for quick response earlier. 

It’s not ideal, but it can still work. You just have to test it out for yourself. 

I will try it out. House is still under construction so hopefully i can try it in few weeks. Will let you know if it works or not.