Answered

Truplay

• 19 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi
I have sonos arc along with 2 sonos one gen 2. I have a tv table that I have to move every night to watch tv but it is in the same place every time I watch tv. Does this mean something for the calibration of the truplay that I move it every night even though it is in about the same place?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 March 2021, 18:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +17

Hey @Schoels, welcome to the community.

Your calibration shouldn’t be affected by moving the Arc around. Just be sure to perform the tuning process in the location that the Arc will be in the most when watching TV :slight_smile:

Badge

Hi

I was wondering if I had to run trueplay every time even though it is not exactly on cm every time turn the tv table around.

Badge +17

No, you should only need to run it once :slight_smile:

As a general informal rule, I’d say movement of around 10cm might need a rerun of TruePlay, but smaller increments likely wouldn’t. On the other hand, for instance, placing a pillow over the speaker might require a rerun, even if the speaker didn’t move. From my perspective, it’s an environmental change that sparks the need. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

To know for sure do a test. True play with table

move and one with out. If you can’t tell the difference then nothing to worry about. True play is (generally) quite subtle unless you make dramatic changes to the room (like change carpet for hard floor for example). 

Badge

Thanks for answers