Answered

trouble creating new system with Arc + Change of network

• 6 January 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased the Arc to replace my original sound bar, in my original set up I had a sub and two play1’ in my surround system. I upgraded the bar to arc as I was moving house. I am using new spectrum router and modem. The arc is working and I also somehow managed to get the sun connected to the arc.

I am having multiple issues,

1) my new network doesn’t recognize my play1s,

2) the app also doesn’t show my current network in the settings, system, network, section.  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 January 2023, 18:25

View original

2 replies

Not sure what the ‘sun’ is in your post, maybe an autocorrect of Sub, but let’s address the rest.

1. for simplicity, remove the surround PLAY:1s from your Arc. They’ll move into separate temporary rooms, which is fine. Or, if they’re not seen, that’s fine too. Go ahead and factory reset them, then add them back to your Sonos system as separate temporary rooms, and finally add them back to your Arc. Do not factory reset the Arc!
  2. you’re in control over what shows up in the network settings of your controller. If it has the old data, go ahead and remove that, and place the new network information there.
  3. note that your PLAY:1s, once they’re set up as surrounds, do not connect to your Wi-Fi, but instead connect directly to the sound bar on a ‘hidden’ 5Ghz channel.

Oh, 4.

Make sure that the Wi-Fi / radio is turned on on the Arc, the surrounds need that to connect properly. You should never turn off Wi-Fi on any of Sonos’ sound bars.