three options and one choice

• 24 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello:

A couple of weeks ago I asked about the possibility of adding 2 one sl due to the configuration of my living room and during this time I have been reading several options and I would like to know what you have or what you recommend as best value.

I can only one thing and I am considering these 3 alternatives to improve a sonos beam 2 in a living room of about 3,5 x 2,5 mt

• 2 one SL to left (1,5m) and right (1m) of the sofa
  • 2 Symfonisk to left and right of the sofa
  • Sub mini  (2 mt in front of me)

what would be a good choice as a first system upgrade? 90% of its use would be for TV rather than music.

Thank you very much

Regards

6 replies

For TV, you can only add rear surrounds.  You cannot add individual front speakers to a soundbar.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

For TV, you can only add rear surrounds.  You cannot add individual front speakers to a soundbar.  

Yes. I know that point. It was an only option,

or 2 rear surrounds ono sl

or 2 rear surrounds symfoniks (¿brand ?)

or sub mini

I know, the best 2 one SL and 1 mini sub, but it is not possible now.

Thank you for pointing that out

I don’t think any of these are bad choices.  If you are fan of bass, then getting the sub mini first makes sense.  If you don’t care about bass and watch a lot of content recorded in surround sound, then get surround speakers.  

As far as the symfonisk goes, the 3 options are not the same.  The bookshelves aren’t that great, but ok for surround duty.  I would not get them if you ever intend to use them for music playback.  The lamps are about the same as the One SL, so it comes down to aesthetics.  I have not heard the picture frame speakers.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don’t think any of these are bad choices.  If you are fan of bass, then getting the sub mini first makes sense.  If you don’t care about bass and watch a lot of content recorded in surround sound, then get surround speakers.  

As far as the symfonisk goes, the 3 options are not the same.  The bookshelves aren’t that great, but ok for surround duty.  I would not get them if you ever intend to use them for music playback.  The lamps are about the same as the One SL, so it comes down to aesthetics.  I have not heard the picture frame speakers.

I don't know what I'm a "fan" of because it's my first system and that's why I was asking what will give me the best feeling.

I generally watch Netflix, Amazon, Disney and HBO.

So I understand how surround works for both one and symfonics. Maybe then the question is whether bass or surround?

Regards 

If you have no preference, then pick one randomly.  No wrong answer.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If you have no preference, then pick one randomly.  No wrong answer.

In the end I found an offer of 100€ less for the sub mini and that was my choice.

My living room is not big and I feel very well the 3D surround so with the discount and the fact that I will improve the sound with the sub I have made my choice. 

I hope I was not wrong because it is not cheap.

Thanks for your help

Regards