Skip to main content

The airplay sound trembles in the sonos5.1 system with playbase added

• 12 June 2024
  • 1 reply

My Sonos5.1 system is composed of playbase, one sl, and sub gen3. All of them are separated and pushed by airplay separately, and each speaker is normal. However, after combining them and pushing with airplay, the sound is trembling. The 2.1 system composed of one sl and sub gen3 is also normal, but it is not normal after adding playbase. I called sonos technical customer service and they said it might be a network problem. After talking for an hour, the problem was not solved. I use spotify connect to push music to the Sonos5.1 system and the sound is completely normal, which means that there is no problem with the network. Now only the sound when pushing to the Sonos5.1 system by airplay is trembling. Is there a compatibility issue between the sonos system and airplay? Have other users encountered this problem, that is, the sonos5.1 system with playbase has the problem of airplay sound trembling?

1 reply

I have the same problem with playbase, sub and 2xplay1. 7 month ago, all was fine. But starting in 2024/12 the problems started. When I disconnect may sub, all is fine.
what network product du you use? Maybe unifi?