Skip to main content
Answered

Testing Sonos system with Dolby labs on Apple Music

• 24 April 2024
  • 6 replies

So I run the Dolby Atmos or the 5.1 test from Apple music on Sony TV on with ATV. The Arc sound bar says Right, Center, then Left surround, Right surround but it never says L on the Arc sound bar. Do I have a problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

The Apple TV is notorious for cutting off the first second of the audio track. Start the audio track and let it play for a few seconds, then hit the back button. It should now play the entire track without cutting off the first part when the voice says “left”.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Perfect! Thank GuitarSuperstar

Badge

Trying to test Atmos using Dolby Labs from Apple Music, running through the Sonos App.  I am still getting a message ‘To get the full Dolby Experience….’.  Not sure if something isn’t recognized in the App, or if something else is wrong.

Userlevel 7

Trying to test Atmos using Dolby Labs from Apple Music, running through the Sonos App.  I am still getting a message ‘To get the full Dolby Experience….’.  Not sure if something isn’t recognized in the App, or if something else is wrong.

What speakers are you playing it through? Are you playing track 6 and 7?

Badge

I have an Arc, Sub Gen 3, and two Era 300s.  I was testing track 7.  

Badge

The problem I had was fixed by the most recent app update.  Apple music wasn’t playing Atmos through the app.  It is now.