Skip to main content

I want to buy Sonos Arc. I have a TCL 98C735 (98 inch) . I want to make sure that whem i will connect the arc hdmi. I will be able to operate the volume through the tcl remote.

It is crucial for me to use one remote with out an app and without the sonos remote.

I talked with technical support and they say the best way to check it is to ask in this forum users that have tcl tv and see if it works for them.

All modern televisions have a CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) implementation which allows you to control external peripherals though the TV.  Set up your Arc to be controlled via the TV and it should be as simple as that.  Now some manufacturers have dodgy CEC implementations, and the interface can be a little fly by the seat of your pants when it comes to esoteric functions.  But basic volume up/down should be OK.  The iffy expectations are whether other features, like on-screen volume levels and/or a volume bar display will work.  Those are a crap shoot.  

Yes i know they "suppose" to work. I just want to avoid buying it and then finding out its not working...so i was wondering if any one here has a TCL and can confirm the volume is working 🤞

I’m not sure if the membership is diverse enough to cover owners of all possible TV/Sonos combinations.  It may be that the best we can offer is experience with CEC and volume controls in general.  

Thanks. I was not "demanding" more hoping.

As i saw some questions regarding TCL and paring acr i was hoping for a simple answer of someone that it works for him/her...

TCL, or at least most of the posts you’ve seen in these forums, are challenging when it’s 1) a new TV model and 2) when it’s an older optical (infrared controlled) Sonos. As @jgatie suggested, there’s no real reason to worry about your particular setup, unless you were using a Sonos Ray, a Sonos PLAYBAR, or a Sonos PLAYBASE. All of the newer models support the CEC that he was talking about, and shouldn’t be an issue with your new TV. 

If, however, you still are concerned, there’s always the “free trial” period offered by Sonos. If you buy from their website, they have a return policy (I think it’s dependent on where you are, but it’s somewhere between 90 and 100 days), and you can return for a full refund. 

There are likely a lot of local retailers that offer similar types of returns. I know here in the states, Best Buy will take stuff back….although there may be a restocking fee. 

Thanks, here there is no Sonos retailers so it will be hard.

Is there a newer model of sonos sound bar that i can buy. As you referred to older controller of sonos and not the tv itself.

In general, the newer ARC based sound bars are the Beam, and the Sonos Arc. The Beam is on its second generation, but the Arc is on its first. Both connect via CEC, and shouldn’t be an issue with your TV set. 

You can always order directly from Sonos and get that return potential policy. 

Ok. Thanks. Sonos do not send to my country.

Do you have any idea when the next gen of arc is planed? 

Ok. Thanks. Sonos do not send to my country.

Do you have any idea when the next gen of arc is planed? 

Sonos doesn’t share information about future product development. Release dates typically are announced a week or two in advance before product goes on sale to allow pre-orders.

Maybe try a specific TCL forum at avsforums.com