Skip to main content
Answered

Tcl 55C645 remote with sonos ray

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello Everyone !

I hope your having a good day :)

My father is very sick, and he will have to stay at home for quite a while. I said to my brother : lets buy him a new TV ! And he said : Lets buy a very good soundbar as well!

So here whe are : i bought a SONOS RAY and a TCL 55C645 (not the best, but good work according to me)

=> The problem is that i cannot link the TV remote to the sonos ray, i know he can use the app, etc… but it might be interesting to use only one remote :)

The remote is this one : RC833

It seems that the remote and the TV cannot handle IR remote type?

So my question : do you think i have to buy an other soundbar if i want to use only one remote?

Did you already had this kind of issue?

I read a lot of topics, but cannot find a way to solve my issue...

Thank you a lot for your help <3

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Crok, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look online about the RC833 remote and from what I can see there are a lot of mentions of this remote using radio frequency (RF). There are also mentions of it using Infrared (IR), so it’s possible that this remote can use both (or that this online information is wrong). 

As you are connecting via Optical, you’ll need to use an IR remote. I’d make sure that the remote is IR, and if it’s RF, check the manual to see if you can reprogram it to use IR as some remotes have this option. We have a support article on how to tell if you have an IR remote that I’d suggest following.

If your remote is IR, or you’ve changed it to be so, then please follow the remote control setup steps in the Sonos app to configure it with your TV.

I hope this information helps!

Hello Jamie.

Thanks you a lot for your answer!

I did not manage to find a way to use only IR with the remonte, so i ordered a strictly New one with only IR : kind of simple, cheap, m'y dad appreciate :)

I will have it at the end of the month, i will let you know if its working, thanks you a lot again and have a nice weekend!