SYMFONISK surround speakers cutting out

• 7 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I bought two bookshelf speakers to enhance the ARC and they cut out all the time. How is this good? Why is there no direct way to hook them up to avoid this????????

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I bought two bookshelf speakers to enhance the ARC and they cut out all the time. How is this good? Why is there no direct way to hook them up to avoid this????????

Maybe consider hooking the Arc up instead ...and switch all the speakers over to SonosNet when playing music. See this document link:

Choosing between a wireless (WiFi) and wired (SonosNet) Setup

To help reduce WiFi interference, perhaps go onto to also do these few steps:

1. Try a different ‘fixed’ non-overlapping 2.4ghz/5ghz WiFi channel on your router (either channel 1, 6 or 11 for the 2.4ghz band) ...and channel 36, 40, 44 or 48 for the 5ghz band.
  2. Set the SonosNet channel in “Settings/System/Network” of the Sonos App so that it is at least 5 channels away from your chosen routers fixed 2.4ghz channel.
  3. Remove/reset the WiFi credentials in the Sonos App “SettingsSystem/Network/Wireless Setup”. These are not needed when running the devices mentioned on SonosNet.

One further useful thing I would choose to do, is to add the Sonos IP addresses to your networks' DHCP Reservation Table… this is an optional, but worthwhile, step.

Hopefully that will then resolve your speaker dropout issues.

And just in case, beyond your connection issues, that pair of bookshelf speakers can not be used as ‘front’ speakers in a Sonos Home Theater setup. The Arc already has all three front speakers inside.